Project Manager, Climate Action Planning
Company: C40 Cities climate Leadership Group
Closing Date: Sunday, August 27, 2017
Salary: R602,211 per annum
Term: Fixed Term Contract – 3 years
Reporting to: Measurement & Planning
The C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group, now in its 12th year, connects more than 90 of the world’s greatest cities which have committed to tackling climate change. C40 brings mayors from around the world together to learn from each other in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and creating resilient, sustainable and low carbon cities.
C40 Cities is looking for an experienced individual to support the Head of Climate Action Planning (Africa) deliver a programme of technical assistance, guidance and training to C40 cities in sub-Saharan Africa to:
- Build technical capacity to develop ambitious and robust long-term climate action plans that are compliant with the goals of the Paris Agreement, and
- Identify mechanisms to facilitate better national and local integration of climate action.
- Conduct and review detailed audits of city climate action plans;
- Provide guidance and support on climate action planning to C40 City Advisers;
- Coordinate delivery of a bespoke package of support for individual cities;
- Procure and manage consultancy contracts;
- Organise in-city and regional workshops.
- Technical expertise in completing or auditing city-wide greenhouse gas emission inventories and developing emissions reduction strategies;
- Excellent problem-solving, strategic thinking and analytical capabilities, with advanced MS Excel and data management skills;
- Significant experience in government, business or NGO sectors with a focus on sustainability and/or climate change;
- Demonstrable project, budget and people management experience;
- Experience of organising, developing and facilitating webinars and interactive workshops.
Further information can be accessed here.
Interested applicants should submit a curriculum vitae and cover letter, stating the current salary to email@example.com.