City Adviser to Johannesburg
Company: C40 Cities - Climate Leadership Group
Closing Date: Friday, November 17, 2017
Salary: R647,225 per annum
Term: Fixed Term Contract – 3 years
Reporting to: Regional Director for Africa
The C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group, now in its 12th year, connects more than 90 of the world’s greatest cities which have committed to tackling climate change. C40 brings mayors from around the world together to learn from each other in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and creating resilient, sustainable and low carbon cities.
The C40 City Adviser will be the focal point for long-term climate action planning in the City of Johannesburg that aligns with the ambitions of the Paris Climate Agreement and country climate change commitments. This will involve assisting with the development of the City of Johannesburg’s Integrated Climate Change Strategy and Action Plan, engaging internal and external stakeholders, coordinating consultants to provide technical inputs, facilitating knowledge transfer across the city, and ensuring sustainability after the project.
- Developing the city's Integrated Climate Change Strategy and Action Plan;
- Engaging internal and external stakeholders in the development of the city’s Integrated Climate Change Strategy and Action Plan;
- Managing consultants and coordinating technical assistance with the aim of building city capacity to implement climate action;
- Facilitating the city’s engagement in C40 Cities networks and initiatives.
- A relevant post-graduate degree;
- Technical expertise in completing city-wide greenhouse gas emission inventories;
- Experience in working with climate change adaptation-focused plans;
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience;
- International experience, working across different cultures, languages and time zones.
Further information can be accessed here.
Interested applicants should submit a curriculum vitae and cover letter, stating the current salary to email@example.com.