Invitation to comment on oil and gas exploration project proposed for KZN
Submitted by: Nadia Shah, Thursday, November 5, 2015
Stakeholders are invited to register as Interested & Affected Parties (IAP) for an oil and gas exploration project proposed for central KwaZulu-Natal. Rhino Oil and Gas Exploration South Africa (Pty) Ltd have lodged an application for exploration rights with the Petroleum Agency of South Africa (PASA) and have initiated the scoping phase of the environmental assessment process. Should the exploration rights be granted, the exploration project will be implemented over three years and will span an area of 1,500,000 hectares. Various minerals have been targeted for this exploration including oil, natural gas, condensate, coal bed methane, helium and biogenic gas.
Those interested in receiving more information or wishing to participate in the environmental assessment process are required to register as an IAP. To register, or to raise any environmental issues or concerns regarding the project, please return the completed Response Form attached to Mathew Hemming via email - firstname.lastname@example.org. Registered IAPs will receive notification of further meetings, report review periods and PASA’s decision.
You may also be interested in:
- How to register a carbon project to earn carbon credits in South Africa
- Comments invited on South Africa’s Environmental Impact Assessment Regime
- Department of Environmental Affairs releases the 2013/14 National Environmental Compliance and Enforcement Report
- Greenpeace releases report on coal and water use in South Africa
- Registering a carbon project with the CDM through a programme of activities
- ICLEI Africa launches urban low carbon emission development project
- SANAS introduces accreditation process for carbon footprint validation and verification bodies
- Department of Environmental Affairs releases environmental compliance and enforcement report