eThekwini Municipality's Open Data Policy: Call for Public Comment
Submitted by: Bukelwa Nzimande, Wednesday, November 18, 2015
EThekwini Municipality’s Office of Strategy Management has commissioned the Research & Policy Advocacy (RAPA) Department to draft the Municipality’s Open Data Policy. RAPA is currently conducting stakeholder consultations which will assist in the drafting of the Open Data Policy and are inviting the public to submit their views and comments.
Purpose of the Open Data Policy
EThekwini Municipality believes that providing open data about key public services can significantly improve the lives of Durban citizens. Additionally, global experience has proven that open data results in a number of benefits which include economic growth, job creation, improved public services and a more transparent government. The move to develop an open data policy for eThekwini Municipality has been supported by the eThekwini Council.
Submission of Comments
The public is encouraged to partake in this stakeholder participation process by answering a short online survey. The commenting period closes on the 30th November 2015 and comments are welcome from all citizens regardless of where they reside.
For more information or to submit further comments please contact Prishah Narsai on (031) 311 4267 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To keep updated hywith sustainability news subscribe to the fortnightly Urban Earth Newsletter.
You may also be interested in:
- Open Data Durban: Promoting open data access in Durban
- EThekwini Municipality releases draft Air Quality Management Plan for public comment
- Nominations are open for the 2013 eThekwini Municipality Mayoral Awards in the Biodiversity Category
- National Treasury releases carbon tax policy paper for public comment
- EThekwini Municipality releases draft Durban Climate Change Strategy for comment
- Exhibitor registration is open for the 2014 eThekwini Municipality Sustainable Living Exhibition
- Registrations to exhibit at the 2013 eThekwini Municipality Sustainable Living Exhibition are now open
- EThekwini Municipality launches the Durban Climate Change Strategy